- Justin Burtnett
- PHONE 312-574-0155
- EMAIL email@example.com
Areas of Practice
Mr. Burtnett concentrates on civil litigation and transactional matters. Mr. Burtnett has over 10 years of experience in representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants, which gives him a unique viewpoint in the valuation and handling of cases. Mr. Burtnett has significant experience in several areas of complex litigation, including corporate litigation, employment litigation, construction litigation, personal injury litigation, aviation litigation, contract actions, professional responsibility cases, and governmental/tort immunity actions. While always looking for settlement possibilities, when it is necessary, Mr. Burtnett has taken multiple matters successfully to trial.
Mr. Burtnett also has substantial experience in other forums as well, including in administrative hearings in front of the EEOC, the IDHR, the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago, as well as in alternative dispute forums, specifically the mediation and arbitration settings.
In addition to this litigation experience, Mr. Burtnett also drafts and negotiates various contracts and other documents, including operating agreements, commercial leases, and employment agreements, including non-disclosure, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
- Litigated multiple wrongful-death and other personal injury matters both as a defendant and a plaintiff
- Assisted in the prosecution and defense of multiple high-profile aviation accidents
- Represented multiple corporations in litigation, including contractual claims and claims for damage to business
- Successfully pursued and defended claims brought under both violation of Commercial and Residential Lease Agreements
- Successfully pursued and settled claims of race, sex and national origin discrimination against Fortune 500 companies
- Defended and pursued claims with respect to failure to provide good workmanship and habitability in the construction or repair of homes and condos
- Defended trucking companies with respect to overweight, insurance, worker’s compensation and commercial driver’s license matters
- Drafted and negotiated business documents, including Articles of Incorporation, initial start-up documents, commercial leases, independent contractor agreements and non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements, in addition to several other corporate documents.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Clemson University
- Indiana University, B.A. 1999
- Loyola University Chicago, J.D. 2003